Little known but interesting places in St. Petersburg
This city is not for nothing called the cultural capital. There are a lot of attractions, including the world famous. But our selection will be devoted to places unknown to many of Petersburgers born nevertheless, but, nevertheless, very attractive and interesting for review.
This building was built for many years during the reign of Alexander II. He was commissioned in 1893. On the project worked 4 of the most venerable architect of the time.
Garden Lopukhins with Gromov’s dacha.
The wooden two-storey mansion was built in 1850 and miraculously survived to this day. It is surrounded by a beautiful garden. Once the garden and the house itself looked much smarter. A lot of fountains worked in the garden, there was a huge greenhouse (not preserved) with beautiful tropical plants, the embankment was equipped with a steamboat quay. The garden and Gromov’s own dacha itself often served as a gathering place for prominent Bohemians, famous artists and poets of the time.
“House with towers”
The house, originally owned by KI Rosenstein (architects Rosenstein and Belogrud), is distinguished by an unusual appearance. Two massive towers give it a resemblance to the knight’s castle.
Chapel at the burial site of St. Xenia
There is a belief that if you write your cherished desire on a piece of paper, go around the chapel three times, and then slip this piece under the candle box, then the wish will come true.
This is the northernmost Buddhist temple on Earth. Its construction lasted 6 years: from 1909 to 1915. The author of the project, Baranovsky, managed to accurately fulfill the Tibetan traditions and observe Buddhist canons, thanks to which the building felt the atmosphere of a genuine Buddha temple.
The work of urban public transport, produced in the 30s, a tram car that survived the war and blockade, is now working as a monument, reminding Petersburgers and city guests of those difficult times. It stands exactly where, in 1941, anti-tank barriers were built from trams.
Monument to the rain
This original monument is set to “Gostiny Dvor”. Many believe that if he sincerely asks for a break in the bad weather that is usual for St. Petersburg, then the monument will give the city several sunny days.
Benches with Wi-Fi
In the process of restoration and modernization of the library to them. Gogol (2014), South Primorsky Park has been enriched with an ensemble of eight round benches with free Wi-Fi. Around them were planted varieties of Fasdens Black varieties, the leaves of which acquire a unique red-lilac coloring in the fall.
Once, on the eve of the anniversary of this untimely departed talented rock composer and performer, they attached a sign to the one of the buildings in Lubansky lane with the address “V. Tsoi Lane 1,” thus moving the house to a new address. Later, at the request of the city authorities, this sign was removed, but then, having received the sanction of the new mayor G. Poltavchenko, was hanged again. In this peculiar way the name of the leader of the Kino group was perpetuated.