Interesting facts about Novosibirsk
Novosibirsk is one of the largest Russian cities, and it is often called the “capital of Siberia”. The name is, of course, unofficial, but it fairly accurately captures the essence. Novosibirsk is a major industrial center and is one of the most important countries for the Russian economy.
1. Until the 20s of the last century, Novosibirsk was located in 2 time zones: on the left bank, the time was 1 hour behind the time in the Right Bank.
2. In Novosibirsk, there are streets on which there is not a single house. A striking example is Pushkin Street. Once there was a private sector; currently, a high-rise building is being built in its place. By the way, according to DoubleGis, this street takes up one quarter …
3. The longest street in the city is Pervomayskaya Street, located in the same-named district – its length is 7 kilometers. Not much shorter than its central street of the city – Red Avenue. Also very long is the winding street of Tulskaya – it stretched across the entire Left Bank from the Bugrinskaya grove to Kleshchinsky cemetery.
Interesting facts about Novosibirsk (10 photos)
4. Novosibirsk was the “capital” of the so-called “Russian total solar eclipse” on August 1, 2008.
5. In Novosibirsk, many streets with unusual names. For example, streets with “industrial” names: Autogenous, Knitted, Aviastroiteley, Kombinatskaya, etc. … There is a street with a wonderful name Anodna, which intersects, as you might guess, Cathodnaya Street. There is Bobruisk lane. Also, almost all famous Russian writers of the XIX century are immortalized in the names of the streets of the city.
6. In Novosibirsk there are streets of Galilee, Copernicus, Mozart, Newton and Shakespeare. Akademgorodok also has Ionospheric Street.
7. Also in the city there is a special, special street – Planning, intersecting itself, in addition, itself parallel.
8. Novosibirsk is one of the fastest growing cities in the world. That is why Novosibirsk and the region as a whole is an excellent place for the development of any type of business: from small businesses and especially to high-tech, more about this on the website.
9. Kirov Street in Novosibirsk is located in the Oktyabrsky district, PKiO them. Kirov – in Leninsky, house-museum of Kirov – in Zheleznodorozhny, DK Kirov – in Zaeltsovsky. And only Kirov Square is located in Kirovsky.
10. Kalinin Square in Novosibirsk is not the center of the Kalininsky district, but Zaeltsovsky district, and Lenin Square is located in the Central district, not Leninsky district.
11. The former name of Novosibirsk is Novo-Nikolaevsk.
12. In Novosibirsk, there is a sun museum dedicated to the solar cults of various nations. The museum is a famous local landmark.
13. The area of Novosibirsk is more than 500 square kilometers, which is more than the area of some tropical countries, for example, Niue.
14. The world’s longest metro bridge, over two kilometers long, is also located in Novosibirsk. On it trains of the local metro cross the river Ob.
15. World-famous hypnotist Wolf Messing lived in Novosibirsk in the mid 40s of the last century.
16. On November 6, 1992, a stand with the slogan was set up in Petukhov Street in Kirovsky district of Novosibirsk: “Long live the things thanks to which we are in spite of everything!”
17. The largest theatrical building in Russia (and the second in the world) is the Novosibirsk Opera and Ballet Theater.